Do you have a problem with ants? Carpenter Ants for example? At Apex Pest Control, we are here to help. Here is the course of action we follow to rid your home of ants.
- Identify the type of ant
- Choose best course of action
- If ants are coming from outside – may need perimeter treatment as ants will not cross a spray treatment unless there is a nest on the inside
- Treatment indoors can be a combination of baiting, dusting or actisol
Need help removing beetles?
We do see plenty of these insect pests in the Vancouver Lower Mainland area and our course of action is:
- Identify what type of beetle (ie: carpet beetles)
- Eliminate the food source
- Combination of vacuuming, dusting and possible spray treatment
Bed bugs are a growing and pervasive problem in Vancouver. We can help!
Pest control approaches to a bed bug problem are:
- Visual inspection to assess the severity of the situation
- Dusting with a natural product and a chemical spray
- Also recommend bed bug covers be fitted onto mattress and box spring
- Bedbug traps be fitted on the legs of the bed
- Depending on the severity of the problem and personnel belongings , it may take up to 3 service calls to eliminate the problem.
Birds can be pests too, especially in our part of BC where the urban Vancouver area provides plenty of food and habitat for pigeons, crows, starlings, and other sometimes pesky members of the bird family. Pigeons for example, can carry disease for humans and their pets in city situations and pest control companies have several methods to remove birds from your home:
- Usually entails the installation of screening or bird spikes to move birds away from the problem areas
- All possible rousting areas may need to treated to prevent migrating to other areas
Vancouver pest control companies have a lot of their work cut out for them with the age old problem of cockroaches – it seems where there are people, these pesky insects are always trying to cause an infestation.
If you have cockroaches give us a call – we have plenty of experience in dealing with these pests and can help you with information and tips on how to prevent the problem from recurring.
- Inspection to find nesting/ active areas
- Spray treatment with glue boards to monitor activity
- Possible baiting program starting 10 days later
Fleas can be more than an itchy nuisance for your cat or dog – they are able to cause a seasonal infestation in your home, particularly in carpets, furniture and bedding. Flea eggs can last a long time in your carpet so that just when you think you have the problem beaten, you get a new batch of hatchlings. Best to call a pest control company!
- First the cat or dog needs to be treated by a veterinarian
- Spray treatment throughout especially carpeted areas and furniture if cat or dogs lies there ie. Under cushions, etc.
What is more annoying that a fly infestation? If you have a problem with flies that you are not able to solve yourself, give us a call and we will:
- Identify the type of fly;
- Treat the infestation;
- Treatment depends on type of fly.
Mice have historically been one of the commonest, most ubiquitous types of pests known to humans. If you see a mouse in your house, commercial or industrial premises, give us a call! We approach the problem methodically:
- Inspection to determine severity of problem;
- Treatment includes combination of snap traps, glue boards, ketchalls and sealed bait stations;
- Extrusion work may be necessary if entry point is obvious ie. Pipe work under sink.
Moths can be a problem on your premises – in particular, their larvae. We can help!
- Initial treatment is with pheromones traps to remove flying moths which are the breeders;
- Then find and remove food source to eliminate the problem.
If in attic:
- find entry point
- install one-way door so racoon can exit but not re-enter
- after raccoon has departed, remove one-way door and seal
If under building:
- install wiring at least 12″ deep so raccoon cannot dig through
- install one-way door to original entry point
- seal exit after raccoon has departed
- a) sealed bait stations as long as rats are active to perimeter only.
- b) if rats are gaining access into the building, snap traps and glue boards are used
- extrusion work will be necessary to prevent rats from gaining access to interior
- BAIT IS NEVER USED INDOORS
- spray and dusting with natural product and placement of glue board
- vacuum all nest balls and webs, then a crack and crevice spray treatment
Squirrel control is generally a matter of the following procedure:
- Find entry point, install one way door so squirrel may exit but not re-enter
- Extrusion work to seal all other possible entry points
- 7 – 10 days later, remove one door and seal opening
- aerosol or dust entry point
- Remove nest if it is hanging